Re: [LUG] Editing the wiki

From: Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [slightly edited]:

> My personal bias, as a developer of libraries and middleware, is
> function over appearance. If something in the site is broken, I'll
> fix it.

I agree with that

> The distro name isn't available to the script that generates the News
> and Reviews page.  The review itself has the distro name. The index
> cannot display the distro name within the current page.  If people
> don't want the News section then this could change.

To have a review and not say in the index what the review is about seems
to me to be a defect in functionality. If someone looks to see if there
is a Kubuntu review how are they going to find it?

> Say aye all those who regularly use the News section or view it often.
> Say nay for those who prefer to use RSS or other methods to keep
> abreast of the news.

I would say nay. Did anyone say aye?

> If there aren't many people wanting to use the current News page, I'll
> turn it into a Wiki page where reviews can have the page to themselves
> and allow full editing.

I think that would be a very good idea.

Tony Sumner