Re: [LUG] Unusual activiy...

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:33:30 +0100
Darke, Clive wrote:

> Try running sar (system activity reporter) for the period in question.  My
> guess is that paging/swapping will be peaking.  Do you have enough swap
> space?
>
> Clive

Ah!  You may well have hit the nail on the head there.  I completely forgot that I
initially used the swap partition (about 1 gig) on hda (system is install on hdb)...
which has since been removed to put in another machine, and I didn't bother
rejigging my hdb partitions to create another swap partition.  Do I have enough
swap?  Probably not since I'm not running with any :D  However, I have 640Mb of RAM
and I never run anything more intensive than OpenOffice, so I don't even run out of
RAM during normal operations.  It would explain why kswapd is always present with
the machine does this, though.

Since the machine that is housing the original hda harddrive is no longer performing
any useful functions, I may well put it back in this one and have a play around...
and create a swap partition :D

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.