Re: [LUG] meeting postcode

You want google maps - I don't know what Google Local is trying to do,
especially since Maps does the same thing:

http://maps.google.com

On 27/05/05, Simon Robert <simon-robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not really DCLUG issue, but.. tried google local and IMHO it ain't
great. Put in the CC postcode and you get a page listing local business,
go to stage two and put the postcode in search and you get a map showing
lots of B&B's in the area, but not pin-pointing the actual postcode.

Tried my own postcode and I end up with a map centred on Tiverton, 8
miles away, area covering the Blackdown Hills and half of Exemoor, plus
a list of every Indian Takeaway in mid Devon.

It is a beta though and is probably great if you want a takeaway.

Simon

Grant Sewell wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2005 20:07:36 +0100