[LUG] New install SuSE 9.3 - RAID problem

Dear DCLUG folks,

I am trying to install SuSE 9.3 on my brandnew Dell Dimension 8400 (arrived today - shiny!) with 2x 160GB HDD in RAID 1 mirror setting.

I get the warning that "a Software RAID setup was detected. Kernel 2.6 does not support this. Continuing will delete the RAID setup and all data from the drives".

Well, I aborted, obviously.

Now, the Dimension has an Intel 82801FR SATA RAID Controller, so the whole thing about "Software RAID" is a fluke, isn't it?

What do I have to do in order to convince SuSE to use the RAID controller and install properly? I have to dual-boot the box with WinXP, unfortunately.

Is this a problem you've come across before, and is it possible to get my SuSE install done? Should I perhaps pack the box in my boot and come to Paignton on the 2nd?

Any pointers very welcome!

Cheers,
Thorsten.
(Sampford Spiney)