Re: [LUG] konsole window

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 22:25, PAUL SUTTON wrote:
Hi

On my kanotix task bar I can switch to a console window,  however I want
to have green text on a black background each time I open a new console
window,  at the moment I have to set this manually,  where are the
settings to set this permanently,  I am assuming I could add an
extention to the konsole command in the properties box.

There is a "save as default" option on konsole, worth a try?

On a second note,  if when logging in I select console login,  the
window GUI login screen disappears and I get a console screen, how do I
get back to the gui login screen.

Normally if I do init 5 or init 3 i can switch between the two run
levels, however this seems to do it differently as it does not seem to
shut down any services or go through the normal procedure that I would
expect.  I assume the gui is still running somewhere in the background
and there is a key combo somewhere to switch back.

Incdently I think the runlevels for debian may be set up differently to
the above, thats what I am used to,

Yes debian runlevels (/etc/inittab) ->

# Runlevel 0 is halt.
# Runlevel 1 is single-user.
# Runlevels 2-5 are multi-user.
# Runlevel 6 is reboot.

and 2 is the default runlevel

try telinit 2 to get your xwindows back. Or just typing gdm/kdm/xdm etc will
reload the window manager/login screen etc.

The keys to switch between X window sessions and Virtual Terminals are
alt+ctrl+Fx where x can be :-

1-6 VT's 1-6
7 - First x windows session

--