Re: [LUG] Batch files and Alias's

On Thursday 19 May 2005 3:46 pm, Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Debian Sarge:

I have changed # /root/.bashrc so that when I enter "ls" as root I get the
command ls --color etc etc

However no what I do to $~/.bashrc I cannot get any alias to work. Even if
I delete the file alltogether nothing happens.

Run it as a script.

It'll run automatically when you next login.

Can someone point out to me what other files need to be changed so that I
can set up alias's for myself as user

~/.bashrc

Also see /etc/inputrc to use Home and End keys on the command line.

--

Neil Williams