Re: [LUG] libpdf 4 tarball - does any one have a copy??

--- Grant Sewell <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2005 10:27:10 +0100 (BST)
jody salt wrote:

Hi every one,

I've just spent the last couple of days trying to
libpdf (on the fly pdf functionality) to my php
4.3.11
interpreter (on fedora core 3).

I've found that libpdf 5 and 6 won't compile (with
php), I've looked on google and it seems there is
genuine problem with it.

I went to the the libpdf website any they only do
downloads back to libpdf 5. Does any one have a
copy
libpdf 4 and tarball or any other format that can
be
compiled??

Cheers

Jody

I couldn't find the original sources for pdflib so I
rpmfound them for you... I never actually bothered
doing a build from srcrpm myself, so I don't know if
this is what you're looking for, but here it/they
are...

http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=pdflib&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=src

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal
stidutipy.

Thanks for your help I've actually just managed to get
the pdflib as a Dynamically loaded module working.

I was going mad for three days trying absolutely
everything; couldn't really find any solution on
google. The thing is when I compiled the new version
the GD library stop working!! - which enoyed me
futher; and the thing was - some modules did work
(e.g. the mysql module) and didn't. Confusing!!

PHP wasn't giving me any errors so I tried loading the
modules at the script level using the php dl()
function (opposed to extension=module.so in the
/etc/php.ini file).

i.e.  dl("gd.so"); dl("pdflib_php.so");

and it FINALLY gave me some usefull errors. Basically
the modules were nott been given permmission to shared
memory locations.

To cut long story short I disabled SElinux and it
worked fine!!!

Obviously I need learn more about SElinux, and set a
rule or something. So does any one know what I'd need
to do so I can use SElinux with my modules (or is
there really any advantage in using it??)

Cheers

Jody