Re: [LUG] Debianised my desktop (at last)

On Sat, 14 May 2005 23:16:43 +0100
Robin Cornelius wrote:

I've *finally* debianised my desktop :-), the partitioning was the hard bit
for me as i was trying to srink a corrupt FAT32 partition. After that it was
plain sailing.

No trouble here with the debian uk ftp mirror although a bit slow at times but
functional. And due to he magic of linux home directories all my email and
settings are imported from mandrake in one swift copy operation ;-)

If anything things seem faster, certainy kde loads in half the time?

I'm currenly on testing but i am considering experimental. what do you lot
run? I have survived on mandrake cooker for the past year and that is an
experimantal distro.

Congratulations!  I was a Mandrakian for a few years and it's a nice distro.  And to
be honest, during that time I often heard people saying that "Once you've installed
and used Debian for a few weeks, you won't go back" and I never believed them...
until I managed to install Debian properly myself!

I currently run Unstable (aka Sid) on my main desktop and my laptop, Testing (aka
Sarge) on my "server" (I use the term loosely) and dual-booting MacOS 8.6 with
Debian Stable (Woody) on my Mac.

Considering the name "unstable", I find that it's anything but!

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.