Re: [LUG] Virus scanners??

On Sun, 01 May 2005 19:23:59 +0100
Rob Beard wrote:

I did find though, since my server has about 140GB of data, it does slow
it down to a stand-still if I do a daily scan, although I think its
probably a configuration error and the fact the server is only running
on an Athlon 850 with 256MB Ram.

Could you not break the scans down into smaller scans over a period of time (scan
one set of shared directories on one day, and another set on day two, etc)?  Or run
the crucial scans at times when the server is not likely to be used and (over
night?) and so the slow-down won't affect (m)any people?

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.