[LUG] Re: WYSIWYG HTML Editor

There is that thingy from the W3C.. Amaya, it's called. It edits valid
XHTML with a fully WYSIWYG interface.

On 4/27/05, Grant Sewell <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:22:04 +0100
Martin White wrote:

Not everyone wants to know HTML inside out, and even if they do sometimes
they
prefer to concentrate their time on the design and look of their project
(ie,
me!), maybe with some HTML cleaning afterwards (which Dreamweaver also
does).

This is true.  Indeed, I certainly don't know it inside-and-out either.  You
may wish to re-read my previous post.  I, in no way, suggested that
hand-coding HTML was everyone's cup of tea, or even a "superior" method of
page generation.  But, having a *modicum* of knowledge will always help.

Anyway, i'm just trying Dreamweaver Studio MX 2004 install under wine now
but
i hold out no hope as it's listed the compatibility category "garbage" on
the
wineHQ site :)

I wouldn't hold your breath.

MX shows as bronze compatibility but you have to go back as far as 4.x to
get
as "good" as silver compatibility.

Might be worth checking out http://www.nvu.com

Yes, from what I've heard NVU is a nice editor.  I have just apt-got it
myself and will be having a play shortly.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.

~ Ben Goodger

~ Please remember to FLOSS daily.
~ www.getfirefox.com