[LUG] PRINTER PROBLEMS

hI

i am trying to set up my laptop so it will print, the printer epson 680 is
connected fine,  if I try to run the yast printer config tool it tells me
that the cups daemon died during initalization

essentailly I can't print but the daemon is running and I am not sure why its
doing this,

I am using suse 9.2 on the laptop,  and accoring to sysvedit cups is running
is this the cups server,  or is that a different program.

I need my printer back ASAP

Paul