Re: [LUG] Re: Perl

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 09:00, John Palmer wrote:
The book on perl :
Wall, Christiansen & Scwartz, Programming Perl, O'Reilly.

_Don't_ bother with the other book called `Learning Perl'.

It helps quite a bit to know Unix regular expressions first.

I used regular expressions extensively in a previous
job.  Very handy things...

...admittedly the versions I was using were MS JScript
and VBScript, and all features weren't supported, but
I understand the way they work.  I presume the MS
Regular Expressions are pretty much the same, or work
on the same principles as the original?

Anton