Re: [LUG] Flash

Are their any good linux programs for developing swf files?
As an artist it is something I have dabbled in for the purpose
of creating interactive toys and amusing animations.  I was
using a shareware program for windows called swf quicker,
but the trial ran out, and before I shell out $50 for the full
version, I was wondering if there was something in Linux
that could do the job?

I believe that "Ming" (http://ming.sourceforge.net/) might allow one to compile swf's under Linux (GNU/Linux for those who care), but I suspect actionscript has progressed a bit since I last decided it (Ming) was too hardcore for my requirements - most suitable for code artists without deadlines, and best thought about while using your "30-day free trial" of the Macromedia product.

IIRC various Xara (vector drawing) apps would output swf's, but I don't think they did more than rollovers and simple animations, and of course they were not OSS in any way.