[LUG] Norton Ghost

Hi All,

Something I should have realised a long time ago I thought I would pass on to those who may not know - or are criminally slow on the uptake like me ;)

I always thought of Norton Ghost as a Windows program so developed a blind spot to it. Tonight I discovered much to my joy it will back up Linux partitions too. Basically I made a Win98 boot CD and put Ghost on another. Then, booting into DOS, swap CD and bingo! Ghost sees all my partitions regardless of their type of format! :) All I have to do now is boot back into Windows, and pass the backed up images to the desktop via the network :)

It's quite educational watching the backup (sad that I am :) ) I can watch the paths for all the bits and pieces and learn where things should go :)

BTW it's the laptop, with no floppy drive.. hence the requirement to waste a CD on about 1Mb of data.

Kind regards,

Julian

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.7 - Release Date: 10/02/2005