Re: [LUG] My computer.

You lot should submit these to Computer Stupidities!

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:38:16 +0000, Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Matt wrote:

Take it from one who has been on the wrong end of a monitor EHT lead
(used to repair slot and video machines for a living) that it is very
high voltage, but very low current.

Reminds me of a long time ago in work... repair tech came in to have a
look at one of the monitors.  Took the back off with it on and started
mucking about.  My comment of "Um.  Isn't that slightly dangerous?"
received the overly (I felt) cheerful response, as his ponytail dangled
dangerously near the guts of the system:

"Only inasmuch as I could get killed."

My comment.  "Fine, right, well I'll be over *here* then...."

I won't even mention the friend fixing a TV for me who turned it on only
to have it burst into flames.  That was after replacing the charred bits
from the last attempt.  We binned it.

Kind regards,

Julian

~ Ben Goodger