[LUG] Mandrake 10.1 Install

Hi All,

After the shenanigans yesterday, I booted the system today. X loaded, I entered my uid and pwd and the system sat with a mouse icon (standard not the busy icon) and refused to budge. So I burned the images I had of MDK 10.1 (as I've been planning on an upgrade anyway). 2 hours later the install finished and then I found that for reasons that maybe one of you would please explain, eth0 was setup as my firewire card and my onboard Ethernet NIC wasn't set-up at all. So I set it up as eth1. Still no connection. So I removed both network connections and setup the ethernet NIC alone. Now it works.

Any idea why it decided to make the 1394 card eth0 and ignore the onboard NIC would be appreciated ;)

Kind regards,

Julian