Re: [LUG] Software Patents: EU votes for Restart

As for restarting, the DTI and the Patent Office are holding workshops and I
quote:-

"These workshops are intended to explore the definition of 'technical
contribution' and test ideas against possible innovations. They will be open
to all those from the UK who have an interest in this technical issue."

The locations and dates are

Belfast 4 April
Bolton 17 March
Bristol 18 March
Cardiff 8 April
Coventry 15 March
Glasgow 5 April
London 7 April.

So its important that lots of people attend and that we continue to fight
against the SW patents, although on this battle the current government are in
favour of software patents we can at least do our bit to limit there effect
and let them see how many people are effected and disapprove of this policy
as well as the other battles of writing to MP's and MEPS's etc to complain.

If anybody wants a copy of the letter and registration form then please email
me and I can scan/email or FAX them over to you on monday from work.

Regards

Robin