Re: [LUG] general hardware question?

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:59:31 +0000
Simon Waters wrote:

Last I heard Nvidia's closed source drivers were being caught, or
outperformed by the free software drivers in XFree86.

I'm no graphics driver guru - but do any of the graphics card
manufacturers really get this "free software" thing? I know they all
think they have "value add" but if Nvidia is being caught by the free
software versions of the driver, does this really hold up to scrutiny.

Does that include the 3D acceleration part of the "drivers"?  Does the GPLed version
of the nVidia driver outperform the nVidia version?

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.