Re: [LUG] 64 bit Linux

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:03:23 +0000
Julian Hall wrote:

Hi All,

My new laptop has an AthlonXP-M 3000+ which is a 64 bit CPU.  I'd like
to test its' capabilities with a 64 bit Linux distro.  Any
recommendations please?

Kind regards,

Julian

The usual list of distros have x86-64 versions available.  SuSE, Mandrake, Fedora,
RedHat, Debian, etc, etc.  Since I've not got an x86-64 processor myself, I've not
been bothered looking into it.  I know that LXF magazine use SuSE 64 for their
benchmarking.

What are you using at the moment?  Chances are there'll be a 64bit version available.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.