Re: [LUG] OT Probabilities

On Thursday 27 January 2005 23:27, Neil Williams wrote:
If I win a game (against the computer), on average, 1 time in 4, how do I
calculate the probability of winning more than three games in a row?

(OK, I'm being lazy - I just know there's someone who'll have the answer.)

Logic Dictates! that there are 4 outcomes to the first game, 4 * 4 to the
second, and 4 * 4 * 4 to the third.  There is only one path to three
victories, therefore 1/64.

I think :)

Peter

Its funny the way the numbers 64, 128 and 256 keep turning up.