[LUG] "laplink" USB connection

Hi

I'd like to have a USB link between my linux box, mandrake 10.1, and a laptop running w98. I have a laplink usb cable and when I plug it in the relevant drivers seem to load themselves and to some extent work, (looking at it via ip, ethtool and ifconfig).

How do I get to actually see and transfer stuff from the laptop? Can anyone advise on the next stage of setup or point me at a linux usb networking resource for dummies? I've had a look at plip, but that appears to be for serial port connections.

Any help received gratefully.

Thanks
   Simon