Re: [LUG] Listing files in apt?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:41:35 +0000
Simon Waters wrote:

If the file is installed then "dpkg" and related tools are what you want

$ dpkg -S /bin/bash
bash: /bin/bash

Thanks, but what if it's not installed?  If I am trying to find out what package I
would need to install...  I know I can use the packages.debian.org site, but that
doesn't work for packages not held on Debian's branches, and sometimes doesn't seem
to work for packages they have got!

Cheers.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.