Re: [LUG] Upgrading Apache on Red Hat 9

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 09:47:20, Chycor Ltd wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong here but surely I can't use Fedora packages on RH9
even though they are related as there would be a ton of system utilities /
OS libraries that would be incompatible and out of date. Not to mention
changes in file locations and paths.

You can upgrade everything on Red Hat 9 with Fedora packages, which
would take care of broken dependencies; as far as I know Fedora just
carried on from Red Hat 9, so it's possible, although it might take a
bit of fiddling to get things updated in the right order (I don't know
how good Red Hat is at package management).

What would you guys recommend as the OS of choice for a live production web
server assuming not Red Hat 9. The other choices here are Fedora Core 2 or
SUSE 9.0??

Why not Debian Stable?

--
-Benjamin A'Lee

Termisoc Secretary: http://www.termisoc.org/
Home Page: http://benalee.co.uk/
Public Key: BEC9DC1A
BOFH excuse #314:

You need to upgrade your VESA local bus to a MasterCard local bus.