From: "Robin Cornelius" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "list@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] SCSI Drive.
Date: 12-19-04 18:41

On Sunday 19 December 2004 18:32, Jondavey wrote:
Hi, I'm not sure if this is exactly 'on topic' but from my searches so far
people who know about Linux seem to know about SCSI (expects torrent of
dissagrement). In my quest to have as many peripheral devices that run
from
their own power supplys as possible I have bought an external SCSI 'LaCie'
CDR. Before buying this kit I was blissfully unaware that there are
different kinds of SCSI controllers and different SCSI types (wide, 1932,
etc). Could anyone tell me what would be the best way to find out which
controller card I should get to operate this device ?.
Thanks a lot.
Jon Davey.

Is there anything with the device that states what scsi types it is
compatable
with? That should then point you towards a controller card with any luck! Or
can you find more info on www.lacie.com regarding your device.

--

Robin Cornelius