Re: [LUG] Linux media player

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:46:57 +0000
Kelly Jones <kellyjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a Linux media player which offers similar features as Windows
Media Player? (ability to convert mp3 and burn straight to cd)  How do
you guys accomplish this task?

Best Regards
Kelly Jones

I don't know of any single solution for this, but...

XMMS supports writing files to disk... unsure of the output filetype.
MadMan supports writing files to a CD through K3B.  It's a "music management" type
thing (think iTunes), and is written to work with XMMS.
I've not really looked into other possibilities, I'm afraid.  I know that mplayer
can output to PCM which can be piped to an mp3/ogg encoder, but I don't know of this
function is adopted in the GUI part of mplayer... not having ever really used the
GUI part of mplayer.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.