[LUG] hardware: webcams (information)

I am very happy to report that not only does my Chicony Twinkle USB PC
Camera have driver support (sn9c102 bridge chip with PAS106 sensor), but
Gnomemeeting-1.2 (released on 13th) now supports V4L2 (which is what the
above driver supports). Unfortunately you will need to run a later 2.6.x
kernel, but at least its now supported as part of the standard kernel
distro.

At 12.49 (see: http://www.thecomputershop.co.uk  ) its not bad, the
quality is better than one of my Labtec's from Argos. The design is
better than the Labtec's as the base is wider and the tilt / swivel
mechanism is more robust.

For the price I am very happy with the quality of picture. For peace of
mind please check you have a sn9c102.ko module before purchasing.

Note also that Argos sell the next model up which is more expensive
because it supports internal mic. I haven't got one of those so I
couldnt say if it works or not !

Tom.