[LUG] satellite cards

Hi

I'm in the process of buying a Skystar 2 card. This connects a pc up to an LNB on a satellite dish and lets one watch the free to air TV channels (terrestrial reception don't work here). I know less than nothing about this stuff and was wondering if there is anyone out there who has set one of these things up under linux?

Looking at various websites it appears that any media player which plays DVB, like xine/kaffeine should be able to decode and play the output. Is this correct? Do I need any additional drivers? Are there any?

Any info/hints/wild guesses happily received.

Thanks Simon