Re: [LUG] Creating iso images automagicly

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 22:09, Peter Walker wrote:
Robin Cornelius wrote:

It is for backup actualy, but only non-incremental backups. I was hoping
that
this basic problem has been seen and there was an easy answer!. So a script
it is, my way of dividing up the files is just to start recursing through
the
directory structure totaling up the file size. when some limit is reached
call that an iso. I am sure if you allow some percentage for padding, with
bit of fiddling this will work ok.

Have you considered dar (http://dar.linux.free.fr/)?

Pete

Looks sweet :-) , Will have to give it a go this week and see how i get on. As
it produces a single (slice) file I assume this can be fed directly as a file
to growfs. Also features data checking and conditional compression this
certainly looks the business.

Thanks for pointing that one out!

Robin