RE: [LUG] More On The Patents/M$ Agenda

Title: RE: [LUG] More On The Patents/M$ Agenda

>The US then foists these ideas/laws onto others. Why do we go along with this? Why are we
>giving the Americans everything they want in the way of information on UK citizens who wish
>to travel to America, for example, and getting nothing in return?

>Because they have the clout, and behind the clout are the pressure groups, and the money
>men of M$ and others.

Do you include FSF in "pressure groups?".  Do you include ALL Americans in your hate list, Richard Stallman, Eric Raymond, etc?  Linus T. is not poor, do you include him in "money men"?  I'm happy being againist Microsoft's business practices, but let's not tar all Americans with the same brush.  There are some good guys there as well.

BTW, I think IP in this context means "Intellectual Property", not Internet Protocol.

I have to wonder if there is any DEC, sorry Compac, sorry HP, "Intellectual Property" in Win32.  One of the prime movers of NT was Dave Cutler, who was a senior engineer on DEC VMS.  Increment each letter of "VMS" and you get...

Clive

http://www.star.net.uk