[LUG] Evolution palm sync, ttyUSB1 permissions problem

Just upgraded to fedora core 3 and am now unable to get my palm to sync, the main problem seems to be that the permissions keep changing on /dev/ttyUSB1.

if i press the hot sync button and then chmod 0666 /dev/ttyUSB1 i am able to talk to the palm but once the operation is complete and the palm is no longer connected, ttyUSB1 dissapears and then if i try and sync again the permissions need changing again.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Best Regards

Kelly Jones

Lynx friendly