Re: [LUG] DATABASE FOR LINUX

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:08:43 +0000
alan <amd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do they expect to create their own forms, or use pre-generated ones ?
If its the latter, then its as easy as writing a cgi script for the
net. Even the first option is possible, with a little thought and
effort.

alan

No not at all, that is the point. Using Paradox I created all the forms
for the clients. This included a main form which had just buttons to
lead the client to whatever part of the database he wanted to use. And
every working form, of course, included a button to take you back to the
main form again.

I also created all the print layouts, in fact everything that was
needed by that particular client. That is why I like a so called
monolithic type database program, everything I need is there.

OK, I am not saying that that is the only way to go. Of course there is
a place for the mysql type of set up. My complaint with Linux databases
is that, so far at least, I have not found the equivalent of Paradox or
Access. I would like at least one monolithic database program to be
available. Is that asking too much?

Neil W