Re: [LUG] external usb 2.0 3.5" hard disk enclosure

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:28:03 +0100
Kelly Jones <kellyjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have found one possible supplier www.allcam.biz but theirs are listed
as compatible with Mac OS 8.6.  I have just spoken to their tech staff
and they use a Tene 802 chipset.

They also say that "you maybe [sic] able to use these device under Linux" for both
their HDD enclosures and their external harddrives.  The Linux installation guide (a
link to http://homepage.ntlworld.com/allcam/usb_storage_linux_guide.html) is
predominantly for SuSE 9.0 (which has a 2.4.21 based kernel).

Having had a peek through the kernel sources for 2.6.8 (my current Debian testing),
I can't see any mention of a Tene 802 chipset.  I also took the liberty of
downloading the SuSE 9.0 kernel sources and searching them too (hey, it's a new
broadband connection, I've got to make use of it :p) and it too doesn't mention
specifically anything about a Tene 802.  My guess is that it should work fine.

--
Grant Sewell