Re: [LUG] Help: Script to backup /home to DVD

Please bear in mind that I do not have DVDR/W drive, and as such I have never used
the DVDTools.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:10:25 +0100
Keith Abraham <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

DATE=$(date +%d-%m-%Y)

Just an observation: Many people choose to use the format YYYY-MM-DD instead,
especially if there's going to be more than one file with a similar name.  This way
all the files are listed in a sensible order.

# Erase old DVD disk
echo Erasing DVD in preparation for backup
/usr/local/bin/dvd+rw-format -force /media/dvdrecorder

This is my main question:  Here you have told the dvdrwformat programme to use the
dvd's _mountpoint_ instead of the _device name_.  Is this the way it works?  Should
the line read: /usr/local/bin/dvd+rw-format -force /dev/hdd (presuming /dev/hdd is
your DVDRW drive)?

# Burn
echo Burning backup
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /media/dvdrecorder -r $BACKUP_FILE

Same question here.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.