RE: [LUG] Free software and users

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 10:46, Darke, Clive wrote:

Re: GNU User Group.  Would you really want to drop the Linux label?
Quite a lot of GNU s/w runs on W-you-know-what (and others).  Quite a
lot of Free software that runs on Linux has nothing to do with GNU.

We're not dropping Linux at all, just adding GNU/ to the front.

GNU/Linux is the Operating System, whereas Linux is _just_ the kernel.

The software you're talking about that runs on "Linux", I'm assuming you
really meant GNU/Linux?

matt