Re: [LUG] Dialup ISP

On Friday 08 October 2004 10:54, Neil Winchurst wrote:
When I moved to Devon about 2 years ago I had to find a new ISP and I
finished up with Force9. That has been OK up to now but circumstances
have changed and I am using too much time for their Lite User scheme.
This has prompted me to look around the market.

One that looks quite reasonable is Onetel. No doubt there are others. If
anyone on the list has any suggestions, recommendations and/or warnings
I would be very grateful.

Please note, this is for dialup, I am not ready for broadband yet.

I'm just about to get broadband (I think), but for the past four years I've
been using what was FreeServe Anytime. I use it over ISDN with a Netgear ISDN
router (about a tenner on eBay these days) and in those four years I've had
about 37 hours of unavailability, 36 of which were when someone drove a
logging truck through BT's cable (and the post to which it was attached).
FreeServe/Wanadoo don't host anything for me, so I can't comment on that, but
the service has been exemplary.

jd
--
John Daragon           argv[0] limited               john@xxxxxxxxxx
Lambs Lawn Cottage, Staple Fitzpaine, Taunton TA3 5SL, UK