Re: [LUG] Blueyonder Broadband

actually the mac address of the modem only applies to the usb conection
, the ehternet conection doesnt have a mac adress so you can either use
a router that can mimic the mac address blueyonder has on file or you
will have to ring blueyonder and give them the mac address of your nic
card

Rob

Julian Hall wrote:

Hi Trevor,

i would say pop in an ethernet NIC, plug in the modem and surf away :)
I have the same make of modem, an earlier SB4100 and never had ny
trouble with the connection.  I also use MDK 10.0 :)

I'm assuming here that the MAC address of the modem is already
registered with Blueyonder?

Kind regards,

Julian

TrevorASansom@xxxxxxx wrote:

I've just been connected to Blueyonder broadband.
The cable modem is a Motorola Surfboard model S851001.
It will connect through USB or Ethernet.
Works fine with Win XP.
Any assistance in setting up with Mandrake 10.0 would be most welcome