Re: [LUG] What did I do wrong - cd burning issue

On 2004.10.03 20:42 Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

I am currently working on the www.paigntonrugby.net site, As I have the source directory tree stored locally on my hard disk (c:) I tried to use k3b under linux to burn the whole tree on to a cd, so in theory it could be looked at offline.

The burning process went fine, however when I came to look at the cd, the home page displayed fine, the links worked fine, but the pictures on the album pages did not appear, and the links to the larger photos worked but did not display the larger image, just a new page with place holder.

Have I done something wrong or simply overlooked something. I used konqurer initally to look at the page, but then tried mozilla with the same problem.

I get errors when trying to view the cd in windows also, it seems to point to a path problem, but all i am doing is copying a directory tree to a cdrom. so it should work, esp as the files work locally and on the internet.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Hi,

I would make sure all links are relative to the root of the website.
ie. don't just have links as images/mypicture.jpeg but as /images/mypicture.jpeg
Even if the directory containing the images is in the same directory as the page concerned, using a link relative to the root is more consistent.

hope this helps.

alan