Re: [LUG] NFS client for Microsoft

Samba is performing rather well on the school network (am seriously
considering decomissioning Win2K server entirely, if only Bill would
refund our educational licenses), and it struck me that the ideal solution
would be to mount NFS drives natively on our Win2K & WinXP client PCs.

I believe this is included in the somewhat oxymoronic Windows Services for
UNIX - free download from the evil empire:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/default.asp

Having used Services for Unix on several occasions (most recently this week),
it's my opinion that SFU is not very good compared to samba and you're much
better off sticking with samba for *nix <-> windows integration.

Alex.