Re: [LUG] When free software loses its way

On Thursday 09 September 2004 10:19 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
The only thing that really matters here is what precise terms and
conditions were in force when the software was contributed - without that
licence, definite answers will be impossible.

I've now got the licence for the source code (Aladdin - a non-free open-source
licence, incompatible with the GPL) AND the source code for previous
releases.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/cvs/Public.htm
;-)

The licence does not transfer or assign copyright away from the contributing
developers. I'll continue to follow this off-list in detail and on-list in
summary.

It remains to be seen if this was the only licence in effect during the
relevant period.

You could ask for recompense for your code, or insist it is removed,
whether you then distribute it yourself under a suitable licence is up to
you.

That is now a real possibility.

--

Neil Williams