Re: [LUG] Debian testing, Apache2 & mod_perl

On 2004.08.27 16:38 David Johnson wrote:

LoadModule perl_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so PerlModule Apache2 <Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin> Options +ExecCGI SetHandler cgi-script </Directory>

I'd be very grateful for any help - this has been driving me insane
all day.

Hi,
Are you using virtual host containers, or is this for the main sites users ?

I only mention it because it is more secure to have the cgi-bin aliased.
I don't have debian running, but I have Apache2 and php4 and perl 5.008 running on XP and I didn't add mod_perl at all.
Seems to run just the same though.

Here's a sample of my virtualhost container in httpd.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin foo@xxxxxxx
        DocumentRoot /path/to/home/dir/www/
        ServerName test.bar.com
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/path/to/home/dir/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/path/to/home/dir/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Works fine. No loading/setting of handlers needed. The Directive "ScriptAlias" takes care of the execution.
Worth a try ?

alan