RE: [LUG] slackware 10 install

From: Paul Sutton [mailto:zen14920@xxxxxxxxx]

Hi

I have just installed slackware 10,  set up a root password,  however
when I come to login it won't accecpt it,  I know I have typed the
correct password in.

To attempt to rectify this, I booted off the install cd'  and
instead of
typing setup,  I mounted /dev/hda1,  and entered passwd,  and
it asked
for a new password,  and for me to retype which I did,  I
then rebooted
and still can't login.

What have I done wrong.  I think I am overlooking something simple.

Paul

perhaps you can't login as root, you have to log in as a user and su?
Just an idea...