[LUG] slackware 10 install

Hi

I have just installed slackware 10, set up a root password, however when I come to login it won't accecpt it, I know I have typed the correct password in.

To attempt to rectify this, I booted off the install cd' and instead of typing setup, I mounted /dev/hda1, and entered passwd, and it asked for a new password, and for me to retype which I did, I then rebooted and still can't login.

What have I done wrong. I think I am overlooking something simple.

Paul

--
Software freedom day, 28th August 2004
Free your mind, and you wallet, go open source.

Paignton RFC
Sponsor banners for sale and other sponsor opportunities

www.paigntonrugby.co.uk - click sponsorship for details.