Re: [LUG] Server intrusions

About getting sense from logs, see:
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/epylog/

On the general topic of monitoring attacks on servers. I administrate a
couple of machines on the net and I just can't help think how mad some
people that take iptables logs and bother to analyse them. And then (get
paid to) write reports about abc attacking their servers for xyc
vulnerability.

This goes for many other log files too. So what if people are attacking
your server? Most poignant attacks like DoS are very difficult to detect
your end.