Re: [LUG] Ethereal woes...

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 10:20:43 +0100
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The output of the make should show you if an executable file was
created. So clean the directory - probably best to "untar" somewhere
new, and try again, if necessary redirecting the output of "make" to a
file and stick it on a webserver/ftp server somewhere.

Thanks.  Actually, I didn't need to read through the make output afterall.  When I
"make > ../ethereal.make.txt" it still displayed a few things on the stdout (or
stderr, I can never remember which it'd be in this case)... namely that it was
having problems with lnetsnmp.  Hmm... let's go install it then!  Why it didn't
throw a wobbly at the configure stage I don't know, but it's sorted.  If only the
GTK version looked as nice as the QT version (or whatever they've done for the
Knoppix version).  Hey ho.  It works, and is just a little nicer the previous
version.

Thanks again for the pointer.  I am glad it's sorted because I would feel sorry for
the poor sap that tried to read through the make output!

Grant.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.