RE: [LUG] Broadband

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Richard Brown
Sent:   Thu 7/29/2004 7:16 AM
To:     DCLUG
Subject:        [LUG] Broadband
Hi Guys

I'm going Broadband shortly and want a router/modem. I was going to buy
a Dlink but thought I would ask the group what they thought before
doing so.

Thanks

Rich

Hello Richard

I have a Netear RP614 Router (approx £45 ebuyer) it does not have builtin modem
though, I am sure they sell a model that does though.
It was very easy to setup & has a builtin firewall & you can also setup blocking of
sites (handy if you have kids).

I have had it for over a year now & had no problems, netgear also release flash
upgrades quite regularly.

The only thing is does not have that would be nice is a USB port for print server
capabilities.

Steve

<<winmail.dat>>

Lynx friendly