Re: [LUG] Environment variables

On 2004.07.14 18:37 Julian Hall wrote:

I installed the RPM from the MDK CDs and typed 'webmin' as root in a
shell
prompt.  It said "webmin requires a browser and there is no default
browser
in your environment variables" or words to that effect.

Should I uninstall the Mandrake one and install another (which I did
download before I found it on the disk)?

To use webmin, you use a browser, either on the local machine, or a remote client. You connect locally by using http://localhost:10000
Obviously, from a client, you would put the servers ip address or domain instead of localhost.

You should read the docs on the webmin homepage, or through that link I posted.

regards

alan