Re: [LUG] Linux on (oldworld) PPC?

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:26:20 +0100 (BST)
"Matt Lee" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Grant,

I'm about to do a similar project myself, having recently aquired 14
oldworld Macs.

When I return from Berlin on the weekend, I will begin to look at the
possibilities of putting GNU/Linux onto the machines, or alternatively
NetBSD.
mattl
Webmaster, Free Software Foundation

Hi all,

Just thought you'd like to know that I downloaded the 7 CDs for Debian 3.0 PPC (6
Discs and 1 "NON-US Disc 1") tonight (God bless night classes at local education
establishments with their 8Mbit connections :D) and I'll be giving them a shot
shortly.  I also got NetBSD for PPC for good measure.  If anyone is interested, drop
me a line off-list and I'll burn some and pop them in the post.

Let you know how I get on as soon as I give them a go.  First of all I have to
retrieve them from the 6Gb drive I take into School with me, since that's the disk
I'll be putting in the Mac :D.

Cheers all.

G.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.