RE: [LUG] Linux on (oldworld) PPC?

I've had a bit of experience with Macs and MacOS, dabbled with YDL PPC
and even 68K Linux.

You shouldn't need the installation disks, simply copy the 'System'
folder (I think that's what it was called, its the one with the Mac on
the icon) from your old HD to your new one, either by mounting both
drives, over a network, using removable media or burning a CD.

You should then only need a partition big enough to hold the system
folder and necessary extensions (<50Mb should be okish for a stripped
down system folder) and the rest can be partitioned for Linux.

Tristan