Re: [LUG] Trackpad on Sony Vaio PCG-FX203

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 14:27, Simon Waters wrote:
The traditional LUG final solution is to take it to a meeting, tell Mark
Evans it doesn't work, and turn your back for thirty seconds (making
sure to leave him a root prompt).

Now all you need do if figure out if Mark is coming to Goonhilly - he
hasn't asked for a lift yet.

Hi again,

I've now set the laptop up dual-booting MDK10 and Win2K.  Still no
mouse.  However there are two interesting points:

1.  The laptop runs like a dog with three legs, two fo them tied
together.  It's a PIII 850 with 256Mb RAM, so the system spec is not the
problem.

2.  There are two pointing devices attached, the touchpad and a USB 3
button wheel mouse.  When I touch the touchpad nothing happens.  If I
move the mouse, the cursor moves about 10-20 seconds later, but it does
move.

/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 has:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"  (I've also tried ExplorerPS/2)
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"

Umm.  I've just had a thought and checked.  Originally the device was
set to "/dev/mouse", and on previous advice changed it to "/dev/psaux".
However *neither* exist in my /dev folder.

Any ideas, as the aforementioned Linux-Sony mailing list appear to be
ignoring my enquiry.

Kind regards,

Julian