Re: [LUG] ipcop update problem

Jon Lawrence wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to update a couple of remote IPCOP machines.
When ever I upload the tar.gz file the system responds with "this is not an authorised update or your patchlist is out of date". I've refreshed the patch list - it's definitely not out of date.
Could the problem be related to the fact that I'm remote (ie external) to the box ?
Any one know how to sort this problem - getting internal network access to the box isn't an option.

Jon,

How are you managing this machine? Have you opened up the web admin on RED? If you are using the web pages then there have been reports on the IPCop list that larger updates on slow connections get truncated.

First thing I would do is check the md5sum of the patch file against the update list on the machine.

If everything looks OK but you still can't update the final option would be to run the update manually.

Cheers,

Pete